For the City
For updated information go to... www.GABCMissions.com
If you are interested in the Gospel or Good news of Jesus click here.
For the City is our initiative to reach Fort Smith and the surrounding River Valley with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Under this banner, we do many different things that you can be involved in, including...
Welcoming Ministry & iReach – In this River Valley of over 200,000 people there are many who are of different cultures and ethnicities. The goal of our Welcoming Ministry will be to reach out to these pockets of unreached people groups right here in our Jerusalem. We will be working hard to reach out to our international college students through our ministry, iReach, as well. At the University of Arkansas at Fort Smith there are over 100 international students from many different countries. Many of these students will go back to their home country where there is little to no opportunity for them to hear the gospel. We do all that we can to build meaningful relationships with these students in the short time that we have with them so that we might be able to share with them the good news of Jesus. We offer Conversation Club throughout the semester, and we host day trips to area tourist locations among many other things. If you are interested in being apart of this mission, please, contact Beau Barrera.
Hispanic Outreach – Because of the large population of Hispanics in our area, we feel that God has called us to start a mission to reach these wonderful people. We are beginning talks with a local Hispanic pastor about the possibility of launching a new Hispanic church. For more information about this mission contact our mission pastor, Scott Ward.
Say Something – Say Something is our personal evangelism training. We will be holding this training at various times throughout the year. Check back often to see upcoming dates. We are also developing this training into an online curriculum.
For The City – Every month we will have a different emphasis to help guide our people to reach out to those near to them but far from God where they live, work, and play. We have many different things planned including neighborhood block parties, the Fort Smith Marathon, passing out doughnuts to local businesses, etc. Here’s the schedule…
- October 18 – Neighborhood Block Parties
- November 18 – Thanksgiving Blessing
- December 18 – Donut December
- January 19 - Sanctity of Life Month
- February 19 - We Love Our Healthcare Providers
- March 19 - For The City Month
- April 19 - Cookies To Your Neighbors/Easter Invites
- May 19 - We Love Our Police Officers
- June 19 - Engage Your Third Place
- July 19 - We Love Our Postal & Sanitation Workers
- August 19 - We Love Our Educators
- September 19 - We Love Our Firefighters
- October 19 - We Love Our Neighbors
- November 19 - Thanksgiving Blessing
- December 19 - Donut December